Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Alicia May

Livi watching Glee and seeing Sue's sister with DS, pointed at the TV and said "Alicia May!" It made me smile. Alicia May is the little sister with Down Syndrome from a book I read Livi, called My Sister, Alicia May. She has never associated her Auntie Maggy with Alicia May and Sue's sister looks no more like her than Maggy. I love my kid and I can't wait to see and hear how she reacts to her beautiful new sister who is just like Alicia May!

My Sister, Alicia May is really a FABULOUS book and I would highly recommend it to any family or friendships that have been touched by DS. It is about how special the big sister is to recognize how special her little sister is apart from having DS. See why I love it so much? There is a lot of really horrid, crappy kids books about DS out there but this book looks at the abilities first and foremost, of the child with DS, not the stereotypes and disabilities.
 

1 comments:

Nancy Tupper Ling said...

I'm thrilled that you loved My Sister, Alicia May. :-) Thank you.