Monday, July 8, 2013

Walk for Awareness!

I was sick last year for our first Walk for Awareness, which celebrates and raises money to support people with Down Syndrome! This year I was almost sick with my back out but I got too go and even got too walk!


It is really a fun afternoon, especially for the kids. There is mini golf, bouncy castles and slides. After the walk, we get to enjoy a yummy hot dog BBQ and prizes!



I love celebrating DS. It is pretty awesome! My daughter and sister are two of the most special people I know. Angels and Imps :)


This years Team Maggy & Sofie!


Evie had a lot of fun too!

Hopefully next year more of my dear family and friends can join us! It really is special to be all together  with so many other people who adore and love people with DS! It is also great to help raise money for the Down Syndrome Society to help pay for therapies for families who can't always afford the extra costs.


0 comments: